Friday 1 January 2010

Favorite comics I

Every time I travel to Brussels I stop at my favorite comic book's store in the city center and I buy two or three books from authors I hardly know but that somehow grab my attention for some reason.

This Xmas I bought two books, kind of romantic but in complete different ways.

The first one is called 'Au temps de l'amour' (In time for love), from the Japanese writer and illustrator Yamaji Ebine. The drawings are so beautiful that they captivated me the first minute I saw it. I've read the entire manga on the plane on my way back to Barna. For a preview, please click here (bear in mind that you shold flip the pages from the end to the beginning, just like in Japan).

The other book I bought is called Rosalie Blum and it belongs to Camille Jourdy's aclaimed trilogy. The story and illustrations are amazing. I'm reading the first book entitled 'Une impression de déjà-vu' (A feeling of déjà-vu) and I'm already excited about starting the second and third books.

No comments: